Match Preview - Gujarat Lions versus Kolkata Knight Riders – IPL10 2017 Match 3
Gujarat Lions came in the IPL 2016 and made a strong mark playing till the qualifiers. Kolkata Knight Riders have been playing too good and too bad in IPL, going out in the round robin stage 5 times and they have won the IPL title in 2012 and 2014. Will 2017 be a successful season for Kolkata or Gujarat?
The match 3 of IPL 10 will be an exciting game at Rajkot between GL and KKR. I am here to share my thoughts and some facts that make me super thrilled, waiting for this match. Here are some points that I have for you.
- Both Kolkata and Gujarat teams will have super support at the Saurashtra Cricket Stadium in Rajkot expecting some fireworks from the batsmen. Gautham Gambhir for KKR scored 501 in IPL9 and Suresh Raina scored 399. Robin Uthappa 394 (KKR) and Aron Finch 393 (GL) being the other high scorers in IPL 2016.
- This time in IPL10 hope both GL and KKR show some big-hitting by the other players like Dwayne Bravo, Brendon McCullum, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik and J Faulkner from GL. For KKR the hopes are on R Uthappa, Yousuf Pathan, Andre Russel and others.
- Gujarat Lions’ Dhaval Kulkarni 18 wickets and Dwayne Bravo 17 wickets have been the top bowlers last IPL, and Kolkata Knight Riders Andre Russell with 15 wickets also was in top 10 list. This time it would be interesting to watch Andrew Tye – right arm fast-medium from Australia and Chirag Suri the UAE player who bowls right-arm offbreak.
- For KKR there will be strike bowler Umesh Yadav who has played Test matches recently and now playing T20 in IPL. Trent Boult, the fast bowler from New Zealand will have the responsibility for his team, also left arm orthodox spinner, Kuldeep Yadav. The bowling for both KKR and GL will need to think and plan their attack. I think the batsmen will dominate this match and this will be high scoring match.
- Captain Suresh Raina for GL and Captain Gautam Gambhir have both been playing T20 and Ranji Trophy in 2016-17. Raina has played 2 matches T20 versus England recently and Gambhir been playing List A matches and Sayed Mushtaq Ali trophy T20 matches. Both the captains will be wanting to show their batting, bowling and captaincy performance in this IPL 10 hoping to make 2017 a good year for them. So be sure to watch them and shout in support for your favourite IPL team. Who are you supporting Gujarat Lions or Kolkata Knight Riders?
So this looks like a really unpredictable game at Rajkot, be sure to cheer your team. I am brave enough to predict that this will be a 200+ score match and some big sixes and a 100 by Gautam Gambhir or Suresh Raina, but then this is T20 so I can win all or lose all. What are your opinion and prediction? Do comment on our Facebook Page.
Keep playing cricket, watching cricket and have fun.