Iriho Veronique is the Vice Captain of Rwanda Women's National Cricket team. It's been 8 years to her Cricket journey and Iriho has also played regional tournaments for Rwanda. She plays for White Clouds Cricket Club. Iriho and her teams wants to move into International Cricket Circuit and invite more local players to play in the team. Cricket in Rwanda needs more and more coaches to come and conduct grass root level Cricket developments for the long term growth of Cricket in the region.
1. Tell us about you?
Full Name: Iriho Veronique
Date of Birth: 10/09/1990
Playing Role: Vice Captain of national team
Batting Style: right arm
Bowling Style: right arm medium bowler
2. At Present: Are you a Coach? A cricket player? A cricket related business? A club Owner? A cricket Fan? Mention your work profile (if anything else).
At present, I’m both cricket coach and player
3. Are you playing cricket currently? If Yes - Since how long are you playing cricket? What level of cricket have you played so far in your country?
Yes, 8 years. Regional tournaments
4. Do you play for any club or a team? Mention their names? When was it founded? Where are you working currently?
I play for a club, WHITE CLOUDS CRICKET CLUB (WCCC), it is founded in 2013.
5. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
In 5 years, we want to move from regional to international, we focus on young upcoming players.
6. Do your club/association have any website or Facebook page? Mention their links.
Yes, , WHITE CLOUDS CRICKET CLUB
7. Any recent achievements/activities that you had. (It could be organizing a small camp, or just playing a match or organizing a cricket camp or playing a tournament series) Do mention the date.
8. Would you like to come to India for a tournament or a coaching camp? Or do you want to travel any other country (if Yes, please mention the name)?
Coaching camp, in India.
9. What are the challenges you are facing in your country's cricket? If any, how do you feel to overcome those challenges?
The big one is that we have one cricket ground in our country and we have been coaching players but we lost them in a short time.
Low coaching level and number of coaches are not enough.
We use to start with secondary schools, now we changed the strategy by going down to primaries hoping that we will find young stars, as we go for two new ground.
10. One thing that you instantly need that would boost the involvement of people in your country's cricket?
More coaches with a higher lever of coaching in more schools can help.
11. Name any 3 active Cricket Clubs from your locality, Country.
KIGALI ANGELS CRICKET CLUB
CHARITY CRICKET CLUB
QUEENS OF VICTORY CRICKET CLUB
12. Would you like to nominate any club from your country for a free website from Global Cricket Community? If Yes, Why?
I don’t have any idea.