Sripali Weerakkody is a National Cricket Player from Sri Lanka. Sripali made her ODI debut on Dec 14, 2006 against Pakistan. Since then, she has so far played 64 ODI's and 45 T20 International Matches. Sripali is an all rounder and mostly enjoys bowling. She wants to continue her game and win World Cup trophy for Sri Lanka.
Full Name : Sripali Shiromala Weerakkody
Date of Birth : 07.01.1986
Playing Role : All rounder
Batting Style : Left hand
Bowling Style : Right arm medium pace
Country : Sri Lanka
2. What age did you start playing Cricket? How did you get in touch with the game?
At the age of thirteen. I started playing with my cousins and got in touch with the game.
3. Who were your cricketing heroes whilst growing up?
Arjuna Ranathunga and Andrew Symonds.
4. Was your family supportive when you started off with Cricket? Was it ever hard for you to convince them?
Yes of course ,yes Our culture is different so we women didn't get to do much sports those days but it has changed now .
5. What do you enjoy the most on the field? Is it lofting the ball over boundaries, or breaking stumps or fielding?
Bowling and breaking stumps
6. If not Cricket, where else would you have landed up in your Career?
May be a house wife or taking care of my own business .
7. Any major challenges that you faced all these years?
How do you feel can those challenges be addressed? -
8. Where do you and your team see yourself in coming 5 years? Where do you want to focus in order to improve your cricket?
To see us lifting a World Cup and me to be in the highest ranking possible.
9. What would be that one goal of your life to achieve as a Cricketer?
To win a World Cup for Sri Lanka.
10. Which do you feel has been the biggest highlight of your sporting career so far?
Any achievements or rewards that you cherish the most.
My cherish moment was when we beat England and India at the 2013 World Cup in India .
11. There are a lot of men’s T20 leagues like the IPL, CPL, BPL, the Big Bash, etc which have been very successful recently. Do you think there is a need for a similar league for women?
Yes of course an IPL or BBL .
12. What do you feel is the future of Women's Cricket in your Country?
We should have more school and club cricket in Sri Lanka to improve .
13. Who would you credit most for your success and why?
To Mr. Kasthurirathna because he was the person who brought me to Colombo and provided everything for me to start my career.
14. Your advice to the youngsters taking up Cricket as a career?
To put one hundred percent and when playing and to always have team work.
15. One thing that you want us (Global Cricket Community) to do for the Cricket Community and why?
To interview more players and get their ideas and help to improve world wide cricket.